Wednesday, December 11, 2013

YOU MAY SCREAM

Due to scheduling conflicts, the weekly visit to the place of howling madness with an old friend did not take place at the customary time. Which is probably just as well, given that a few years ago the owner installed a karaoke machine, and now hordes of young white people drop in to scream, shout, get drunk, and sing badly.

Under other circumstances this blogger approves of young people. Especially if they wish to misbehave. I've done that too.
Might like to do it again.


The combination of enormous numbers of them at top volume, with alcohol and crappy lyrics, is not conducive.


I prefer my young people somewhat quieter and more restrained.


No idea where those might be found.


At home in bed?



The best young people, assuming that they have already hit adulthood, do not go to Karaoke places, and very rarely drink. They know how to behave in public. The most extrovert that they can be is when they bite into a flaky charsiu turnover, and exclaim "my goodness, this is so delicious".

I would like to introduce them to that, but I fear them.

Especially here in San Francisco.

People have fangs.


Trust me; a hot cup of Hongkong style milk-tea, and a flaky charsiu turnover, are much much better than screaming into a microphone. Especially if you can appreciate the good things in life.
And calm rational company.




I know where to get charsiu turnovers and milk-tea.
And I am also a nice calm man.
Mature, even.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...