Friday, December 27, 2013

DISCREET IMMORALITY, SOME SHERRY, AND 'WORLD PEACE'

In discussion with a friend over the holiday I defined fairly precisely what I want in life. And, alas, it isn't anything unusual, but instead veers towards completely mundane predictability.


WHAT WANTED?


A female companion younger than myself -- though possessed of a maturity and individuality quite rare in someone of that age -- and besides that, a fortune, as well as more books. Plus material things.
I have material things, but I would like more. Much more.

Basically: I want love, wealth, and comfort.

Oh, and world peace.

That last one is a politically correct afterthought. Frankly, world peace is probably quite impossible, but at this time of year it is obligatory to mention world peace. You get Brownie Points if you mention it.

So there you have it. I want everything. Plus world peace.

I am greedy and superficial.


WORLD PEACE!


I am not in a relationship at present.
Nor am I wealthy, or even close.
There is NO world peace.

When I juxtapose these 3 things in this manner, it seems obvious that they are linked. Possibly this triple lack is causally connected. Without this, there cannot be that. If I had a relationship, there might be world peace.
And perhaps I'd be so rich that I could fully enjoy both of the other things. But because I am single, I cannot be counted rich.
And world peace is unlikely. Maybe impossible.


Actually, I also want immortality.


In addition to world peace.



I'll settle for halfsies.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can have what you want.

KR

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...