Wednesday, June 19, 2013

STYLE POINTERS FROM SAN FRANCISCO

The ideal age for being naked is under thirty. If you limit your bacon intake, you can extend that by ten years. Most of us should probably not push that envelope, however.

I have put this to the test.

When I stand in front of the hallway mirror wearing naught but my boxer shorts, the image is not nearly as wholesome as when I'm fully clothed. With my slacks and a clean shirt I am much more presentable.
"Dang", I will say, "that's one fine man".
Reasonably trim. Lean, even.
Very neat looking.
Clothed.


No one looks 'neat' wearing only boxers. Well, maybe a young lady might, but that's because of other factors involved, not just the garment.

The boxers are scarcely germane.

"THOSE ARE LOVELY BOXERS, MISS"

Mind you, I like bacon. But I've not indulged much in the last few months. Instead I've been on a chilisauce and bitter melon kick. Bacon would not be amiss in that company, but it isn't essential either.

Still, the problem is that at fifty-three years of age, I am not the lithe and wiry athletic boy I once was.

[Those of you who knew me then can stop laughing. It's rude. And yes, I look better now than ever before, but please ignore the non-athletic aspect.]

There are several very good reasons why boxer shorts are NOT acceptable office-wear. Not least being the fact that anyone who irons his boxers is probably suspect.

You do NOT want to see a banker wearing boxers.

Or an architect. Or a senator.

Any adult.


No one but the interns should be allowed to wear them.


*    *    *    *    *


This posting is in reaction to all the blogs out there featuring the thoughts of amateur fashionistas, make-up aficionados, clothing shoppers, costumers, knitters and crafters, obsessive shoe collectors, eye-shadow hags, thrifters, period rag hunters, accessorizers, and teenage girls or middle-aged men on Polk Street who love jewelry - dresses - lipstick.
The internet is truly a horrible place.
More boxers, please.


Kindly share your thoughts about boxers, this blogger in boxers, your own fine self in boxers, people with absolutely no make-up on their faces at all in boxers, or students, fresh-faced secretaries, and seminarians in boxers, Japanese people in boxers, bacon, and other matters boxer-related, as a comment below.

Or mention anything at all, it need not be about boxers.
That's just a starting point for talking.
Express yourself.

Bacon.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

hyperbolically amphibious said...

Bacon right back atcha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwH8jkv2Hq0

Search This Blog

QUIET STEW

Figuring out where to have lunch some days is a bit problematic. Not today -- that's already mapped out -- but specifically Mondays and ...