Wednesday, June 26, 2013

LOVE IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES

Some of my readers have remarked at my fondness for Chinatown, and astutely guessed that it isn't just the cheap eaties and the tolerance of old farts smoking that forms the attraction.

They are right.

It is the near-complete absence of rutting young people.
I, too, would like to rut. And I consider myself young.

But I have no one to rut with, and while I may consider myself still full of beans and piss and vinegar, to small people half my age I must look impossibly antique, what with my goatee and pipe..... why heavens, it's Gandalf!
Come down from Olympus to see what the mortals are up to.
Text mom! We've spotted grandpa!


I have no doubt whatsoever that Cantonese Americans also rut, but they have the exceptionally good grace not to do it in public, nauseating the rest of us. Or making us jealous.


Their Public Displays of Affection are aimed entirely at food.


Which is extraordinarily lovable of them.


It's exciting to see.


Yum.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DON'T ASK ABOUT MY SIGN OR MY AURA

Even though I live in the civilized world (San Francisco), for a few days each week I end up in the suburbs for work, where edible food is h...