Monday, June 24, 2013

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING ABOVE RUBIES, WHATEVER

A normal man would have it easier. But I'm afraid I'm rather picky.
If I cannot find what I want, I will not settle for whatever's left.
Life, I may have mentioned, is too short to drink Starbucks.


Last week I could have spent several hours in nice surroundings, with people whom I rather like, occasionally joining in their merry chatter. But I realized that in the mood I was in, it would not suit me or do much for them. As a single middle-aged man I sometimes have periods when I do not wish for the company of crowds, nor feel quite capable of socializing effectively.


孟子曰:「魚我所欲也,熊掌亦我所欲也;二者不可得兼,舍魚而取,熊掌者也。」

'Mencius said: "I like fish, I also like bear paw. If I cannot have both, I will forsake the fish and have the bear paw".'

[Mang-ji yuet: "yu ngo so-yuk yaa, hung-jeuk yik ngo so-yuk yaa; yi-je pat-ho-dak gim, se yu yi-cheui, hung-jeuk je yaa".]

The sage spoke of food metaphorically. So also my reference to Starbucks.
If I cannot have bearpaw, why settle for fish?


Fish, of course, is normal female company. Most female company. The kind of person who claims that she likes long walks on the beach with her dogs, a night at the opera, holding hands, and romantic candlelight dinners, when what she really means is endless hours rambling about herself and her girlfriends, a shopping spree for handbags and shoes, preening, and romantic candlelight dinners in a snooty restaurant with an obsequiously sycophantic sex-starved snake-hipped oily European headwaiter.

I probably wouldn't like long walks on the beach either, with or without the dogs.

That may be the only point we have in common.


Sherry or tea. A pile of books. Long afternoons spent in near-silence, occasionally munching cookies. When daylight fades, a gentle touch takes over. You read your books, I'll read mine. I hope you don't mind if I voice a juicy bit aloud at times, and please feel free to do likewise.
Let's go have dinner at this place I know where the food is not too fancy at all, but rather good, and the staff is friendly and courteous without being intrusive.
You look lovely wearing pearls; very sexy. Cute.

See? It's simple. Good friends, good companions, good people.

I'll hardly mention my co-workers, as I know they do not interest you.
Please assume likewise for me. The same goes for work.
Therapy is not a reason for a relationship.
Wit, affection, and warmth.


A short literate foodie.


Bear paw.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

WELL, HOW DID I GET HERE?

There is an air of distraction to the streets in C'town nowadays. People seem lost in thought, absent minded, somewhat out of it. And mo...