Saturday, June 15, 2013

I'VE GOT BETTER CHEEK BONES

When I still regularly went to the Great Star Theatre (大明星戲院) and the Pagoda Palace (金都戲院) in Chinatown to watch Hong Kong movies, I always thought of people like Cherie Chung (鍾楚紅 'chong cho hong') and Joey Wong (王祖賢 'wong cho yi') as the hottest things on four wheels.

I know that expression makes no sense.
Please don't tell me why.
Just extrapolate.

And, equally dishy, were the men in many HK movies. Just to mention two of them: Chow Yunfat (周潤發), and Andy Lau (劉德華 'lau tak wa'). Many of the other actors and actresses were also yummy. And though some of the actors with star-power were perhaps not quite so fine, they radiated character and maturity in their roles that overwhelmed their regular guy appearances.
If I were a woman, I would have wanted to jump any number of them.
Nothing quite says sexy beast like character.

Which, when you think about it, is exactly the same as regards the female of the species. Most men may ogle the big-breasted muffin head, but the person they want to talk to is the one who has a personality. Trust me on this. At any party or social event, observe who clusters around whom.
The jocks, apes, and corporate lawyers will tend to flock to the voluptuous blonde, whereas the engineers, intelligent humans, and interesting types will pool around the librarian.


People who have expressive faces are infinitely more magnetic than those who merely boast buns, curves, pecs, and boobs.

To prove to you that this is so, here's a picture.

Wang LeeHom




Steaming hot hunk-o-rama, Batman! Just scope-out that well-sculpted handsome face! And so intelligent looking, so aware, so awake!

If you are a woman, you may want to leave the room at this point.
We'll wait untill you come back, sweetheart, don't worry.

Wang LeeHom (王力宏) is a native of New York state, currently based in Taiwan. Possibly as intelligent and talented as the late Leslie Cheung (張國榮 'cheung kwok wing'), but without that sweetly fragile quality.
Never-the-less, that's one magnificent serving of man meat, quite capable of inducing peevish jealousy in men twice his age (me, for instance), and fevered fits of fantasy in women of any age.

Ladies, feel free to briefly leave the room again.
I know that you want to, you're sweating.
Come back when you're calmer.


Dang.


I'm actually rather glad that there are no more movie theatres in San Francisco's Chinatown. When people like mr. Stressed Jeans up there are on the loose, mere mortal men don't stand a chance. I certainly don't need anyone comparing me to the well-defined and thoughtful-looking profile in that picture.

One the other hand, I'm also mighty pleased that I am not a woman.
It must be extremely frustrating with tasty bits like him around.
Again, that handsome alert face, those intelligent eyes.
Apparently he's extremely talented.
And a university graduate.
Williams College




==========================================================================
NOTE: Curious women and other readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

WELL, HOW DID I GET HERE?

There is an air of distraction to the streets in C'town nowadays. People seem lost in thought, absent minded, somewhat out of it. And mo...