Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A VERY BON APPÉTIT

As you know by now, I spend some time around mid-day at a location near the office smoking my pipe, often in the company of several cigar smokers. They are there because they aren’t pipe smokers.
Yes, I know. Somewhat perverted. Pipes are so much more refined yet masculine.
I was there again today. Beautiful weather, sunshine, gentle breeze.
No cigar smokers.

This post is NOT about smokers.
Or tobacco.


About ten feet away from where I stood were two charming young women having lunch. They weren’t bothered by my smoke – it dissipated fast enough – but were vivaciously talking to each other while eating.
I was too far away to hear what they were saying, but it didn’t really matter. Out of the corner of my eye I could see every time one of them lifted her sandwich to her mouth, took a big bite, then crinkled her face in a smile of pleasure, trying to respond to her companion.
Food, cheerful conversation, good company – why, there’s so much to enjoy!
Obviously I thought so too.
Sunny day, bowl of nice tobacco, and a young woman within clear view whose face radiates such happiness while eating.
I know her cheeks bulge when she smiles and burbles with a mouth full of food. And she has eyes that are lively and intelligent.
And you, dear reader, know that I enjoy the sight of a woman relishing a meal.
There’s a lovely innocence to girlish dining pleasure.
It’s a feast for the eyes.

My own lunch later wasn’t nearly as exciting.

But I had had a very nice smoke beforehand.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...