Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HOT SAUCE IS A VEGETABLE

When it comes to lunch, the financial district is rather ... ghastly.
Boring. Dreary. Repulsive. Suburbanite. Appallicious.
And treify.

You already knew that that last qualifier doesn't mean too much to me, but I'm just warning you. If you're planning to visit me during working hours, bring your own lunch, please. In fact, bring two - something kosher would really brighten my day.


In the meantime, I have a new favourite lunch.


Two scoops of rice, one scoop of macaroni salad, and chicken curry (with potatoes), from Lee's lunch counter.


Plus a really hefty squirt of Rooster Sauce.
When all you're eating is starch and protein, Rooster Sauce keeps you regular.
Would I lead you mis?

I'm feeling all koosh right now.
Oojah cum spiff.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! No rooster in it!!!!
What about truth in advertising? Huh? Huh?

The back of the hill said...

I've also heard it called 'the red cock'.

Put that on your plate.

Anonymous said...

Sriracha wakes up the rooster within you. This is all it an do for you.

The back of the hill said...

Dude, what about the water and warm sunshine?

Anonymous said...

That should have read: "This is all it CAN do for you."

Anonymous said...

Flowers. The flowers without words are so meaningful however
People cannot be those.
So I give you my cherished feelings
Written in a book
With enough water and warm sunshine-
I hope you will bloom the flower inside of you.
This is all I can do for you.

The back of the hill said...

No cans were hurt in the writing of this post.

We've already got the crimson cock above, let us leave the can out of it.

This is a clean family blog, I'll have you know.

The back of the hill said...

Hah, what does Lau Tak Wah know from hot stuff?

People like him go around sniffing the seats in the auditorium after the teenyboppers have left.

No wonder that vulpine actor went into singing Cantopop - the teenage female groupies made it all worthwhile. No matter how silly the lyrics, or ridiculous the image. No matter the damage to his reputation as a performer.

Screaming girlies, oh yes. They loved him during the eighties.

Spiros said...

Say, why don't you get Sriracha to sponsor this blog? Or, failing that, how about "Bimla's Chutney"?

Anonymous said...

At least one of those brands is hechksered UO.

R

Spiros said...

Insofar as "Bimla's Chutney" is an entirely imaginary condiment (from THE PATELS AT NUMBER 42), I'm guessing it's the Red Cock that has the halachic stamp of approval.

Anonymous said...

Damn Gujus, what would they know from chutney?

Gajjaar mewa nu achaar, now that is chutney! Or hari chutney for steaming fish!

Guju Patels eat too much damn fenugreek in everything.


---Grant Patel

Anonymous said...

Spiros, it's the Kumars at No. 42, not the Patels.

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...