Thursday, January 11, 2024

READY FOR ANOTHER CUP

It's probably a darned good thing that Hong Kong Milk Tea hasn't caught on yet in the United States. We don't need anymore crazy white dudes than there already are. Just imagine what would happen if some of the old geezers in my neighborhood were hepped to the gills early in the morning while walking their poochies. "That's MY pooh zone, I saw it first! I'll kill you and your dammed pitbull if Fluffie can't dump there! Bitch!"

Yeah, no. Caffeine can make you irritable.

Pitbull and poodle owners fighting over dog toilets is something we don't need in this city. It's bad enough with tourists slicing open drunks over who gets to rifle the pockets of people who overdosed in the public lavatories. Robbing a drug addict's corpse is a fundamental part of everyone's San Francisco experience, along with vegan food and cross-dressing.

As you can tell, I'm already completely caffeinated.
Had a hot cuppa before I left the building.
Preparatory to smoking my pipe.
And I fervently hope I'm the only one here. Hong Kong milk tea, properly made, is far more stimulation than many of these yuppies and transplantees ever had in college. Just imagine how berserk they and the senile old farts in the old folks luxury apartments at the top of the hill would be if they started every day that way, and continued it like that.

Dogs would be pooped, and there would be joggers everywhere!

Oh wait, there are.


Hong Kong milk tea, in it's native environment, is a full-bodied brew that keeps office workers at their desks from seven in the morning till ten at night, wired to the eye-brows. Years ago, when I worked in a building on Bush street, there were ten coffee places within two blocks, including one on the groundfloor of that building. The Operations Department came in all twittering, and didn't shut up till the end of the day. It was like working in a chicken coop.
No one needs to hear about Buffy the Vampire Slayer for eight solid hours!

Quiet, you wired zotsbrain dingos!

I think today I'll have an early teatime at a bakery to which I almost never go. It got revamped recently, but strangely does not appear to have a loyal clientele yet. My usual Thursday place seems to have developed a Toishanese problem, in consequence of which I can seldom find a convenient table. Old people yacking in Seiyap dialect are not ultra conducive to good HK milk tea or my peace of mind. This place looks quite promising. Inviting, even.

The other day when I walked by it was 空寥寥。

If I like it, I'll go there after my eye doctor's appointment two weeks hence. I need somewhere to go for a cuppa afterward now that I've taken a temporary scunner to the chachanteng where I went last time. The waitress there clearly had not had all her caffeine, and preferentially favoured the table of old biddies speaking home-town language.

我唔識講臺山話,godverdomme.
講廣東話,好唔好!


So that's two chachantengs I'm avoiding.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HOUSING FOR ACADEMIA

Per a recent news article, there is not a single encampment of ten pup tents or more in the city. Reason being, one suspects, because anti-S...