Sunday, July 29, 2018

SWEETNESS!

Several times during the night loud thumps woke me up. They came from my apartment mate's room. Now, before anything else is said, I should mention that my apartment mate is a woman eight years younger than myself, petite, slender, and altogether quite nice looking (she hates the word "cute") who is of 100% Cantonese extraction.

A very lovely, indeed, desirable person.

Very appealing to mosquitoes.


Mosquitoes do not bother me, except when she is unavailable. And I will blithely sleep through their depredations. She, on the other hand, keeps a supply of pillows to hit them with, even though her bed is surrounded by a mosquito net.

Mosquitoes really, really like her. She doesn't drink, she doesn't smoke, doesn't over-indulge in hot sauce or chilies .... which, of course, makes her infinitely tasty to a bug.

I also have a mosquito net, which I keep in my closet. If the insects get too pesky, I might light a stick of snow pear incense and chase them into her room, but whenever I do so I will be awakened in the middle of the night by bumps and crashes.


Of the two of us, I have the sweeter personality.
She's crabby, and has a criminal mouth.
Maybe not enough sleep.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...