Tuesday, July 03, 2018

PURE AND ORTHODOX CYNICISM

A one-day break from cigar smokers yowling at the television in the lounge. As a pipe-smoker, I don't yowl. Of all four types of smoker (cigar, cigarette, pipe, and non), pipe-smokers are the least likely to yowl when the situation does not call for it.

Tomorrow I'm heading into Chinatown for lunch, after which I shall wander around with a pipe triggering tourists by smoking.

Four days straight of dealing with the yowling crowd has left me far less social than usual.


It was only a matter of time before someone brought up space aliens, ancient landing sites, and DNA engineering by the Sumerians. Which, he assures me, has recently all been conclusively proven, even though most establishment scientists, historians, and archaeologists refuse to accept these findings because they are cynically committed to orthodoxy.

I should use youtube to research this, he says.


I am a very diplomatic man.


Polite, too.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...