Tuesday, October 11, 2016

FACEBOOK'S OVERLAPPING ECHOES

As usual I visited Facebook over coffee this morning. Not so much to see what my FB friends are up to -- though their everyday lives are fascinating, FASCINATING! they mostly do boring mundane things that cannot hold my attention, what with being an egomaniac and self-centered -- as to be aprised of news, opinions, valid rhetorical points (which I may steal), political shenanigans, important events, and cute animal videos.

Yes, Facebook is overflowing with Trump. I almost feel sorry for him.

But they need to be dropping flaming turds on him from a great height while he writhes around naked and terrified, clutching his gonads with icky short stubby fingers, for me to start actually sympathizing somewhat.
Slighty. It's a trace of Christianity.

That's probably not going to happen till President Hillary appoints a special prosecutor.


Underneath one entry I left a comment which I wish to quote here:

"My facebook is mostly an echo chamber. I do not want to associate with idiots, racists, and fascists. A man is known by the company he keeps, and dealing with crazies makes one crazy. That is NOT how I want to spend any of my time.
Batshit infects.
"


That had me wondering what my choice of friends says about me.

Out of 275 Facebook friends, 82 are Jewish. Women comprise 79 of the total. Thirty nine people are Chinese. Thirty two are pipe smokers. There are about twenty speakers of Dutch, Afrikaans, and German.
One out of seven lives outside the States.
Some of these categories overlap.
And a few smoke cigars.


NOT A SINGLE ONE IS A JEWISH PIPE-SMOKING WOMAN!


Or a female pipe-smoker who is Chinese, and speaks Dutch.
Somehow I feel that there is something missing in my life.

But I'm not going to worry about it.

I like to think that my Facebook friends represent the real America.
The America that one thinks about when fresh-baked apple pie is mentioned, and hot dogs, riots, mom, the flag, and chop suey.

Please commence some cheering.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...