Tuesday, June 02, 2015

ARE YOU TORMENTED BY MOSQUITOES?

There are times when the grown man must admit something mildly embarrassing. Which I shall do now, it being late in the evening, and the customary weekly Bohemianism postponed due to a head-cold by the other participant in this twenty-plus year North-Beachian tradition.
I've had two strong cups of coffee since dinner.
The grown man is wide awake.
And talkative.

[Explicatum: Two gentlemen of a bookish bent go out and have whiskey while talking about affairs of the world in three seedy dives on a regular basis. Screaming is involved; one of the places has karaoke. Snide comments ensue. But not tonight.]

What I remember most about today (a work day) was a set of tatas. They're home for the summer, and a two year anniversary is coming up. They wish to scope out what is available prior to purchasing a nice anniversary gift.
There are no mosquitoes in Marin, but plenty of them in Ohio.
Where one of the tatas got bitten by a spider

It's amazing what nicotine does to the human speech organ.


This blogger likes college students.
They're so young and fresh and puppy-like.
Unfortunately, I cannot really remember her face, which was clearly visible. The tatas were somewhat coy, and far less visible. Although they seemed ready to spring out at a moments notice, possibly shouting "boo!".
Or "gotcha!". Then rejoicing in the startlement.
Bouncing up and down in giddy joy.
Hah! Surprised him!

When I think of tatas, quite naturally I think of leche flan, and either fruit or chocolate. Or sand dunes in slanting rays of the sun.

I blame my indulgence in several pipe tobaccos today for this predicament.
First smoke was a mild Virginia mixture of my own devising (medium on the nicotine), second smoke was HH Old Dark Fired (a smooth kick in the head as regards nicotine), third smoke was a corojo in a robusto form (holy mackerel, nicotine-wise), White Knight by Russ Oullette in a Peterson Prince after that, then a bowlful of brown flake before a late lunch.......

The tatas wandered in after lunch, right around tea-time.

Normally I ask college students what they're studying.

This time the conversation went slightly berserk.

I think I may have mentioned mosquito nets.

And snow-pear incense late at night.

Plus chilies and bananas.


It's been years since I put up the mosquito net around my bed; bugs don't find me yummy at all. As a white pipe smoker with overmuch chili pepper in my diet, I'm just not a target. I probably taste pretty horrid.
Bananas, apparently, make one much sweeter.
I do not eat bananas.

To recap: bananas, snow-pear incense, mosquito nets, and tatas; one could very well imagine that these subjects hid mental turbulence.
And I am normally such a restrained man!

Oh yeah, I had lots of caffeine too.

And Sriracha with my lunch.

It was a good day.

Tatas.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

Tatas?? We'll have None of that!

The back of the hill said...

Brilliant!

The back of the hill said...

Time for a musical celebration: a psalm of Montreal

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...