Thursday, November 07, 2013

CUT THE TOFU, TURN THE PLATE!

Back in May of 2011, Tzipporah left a comment underneath one of my blogposts, to which I did not respond at the time.
That was an oversight I now regret.

She wrote:
"Bad Cohen recommends you watch Black Metal vegan chef: Pad Thai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg "


I was at work when I read that, and when you do 'credit & collections' during the day, your coworkers are already disturbed enough by your very existence that they don't need any more stuff to worry about.

My coworkers were a very innocent white bread crowd.

Easily upset.


HORRIBLE EVIL IN THE KITCHEN!



Fourteen minutes of heavy culinary instruction.
From Vegan Black Metal Chef.

Cut the tofu, crush the peanuts; crush them good.
Headbang yourself furiously.
Then eat.


I watched it while dining on ravioli with cheese, Sriracha sauce, fresh chopped jalapeños, capers, barbecue sauce, crushed pepper, nutmeg, and a huge dollop of yoghurt.

The yoghurt was in lieu of smetana or coconut milk, neither of which were immediately available, the capers and barbecue sauce stood in for meat, and the jalapeños added a pleasing crunch as well as aesthetic appeal.

In the kitchen, the steamer was going full blast, turning some fatty pork sausage and sundry other tasty ingredients into a type of pâté, which is to be sliced thin and eaten on French Bread.

Even single men have to eat.

Thank you, Tzipporah.

I feel revived.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...