Tuesday, November 19, 2013

WHO IS MISS TZI WEI? 紫薇 - 月光小夜曲

In total contrast to the fast-paced hip-and-with-it style of Sunday morning's musical offering, here's an aire that speaks of a different time and place.

Popular songs used to be more innocent.

Perhaps even as late as the sixties.



MOONLIGHT BALLAD

[Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_P_8hnJ6M.]


月光小夜曲
[Sung by miss Zi Wei (紫薇).]

月亮在我窗前徜徉,投進了愛的光芒;
我低頭靜靜地想一想,猜不透你心腸。

好像今晚月亮一樣,忽明忽暗又忽亮;
啊到底是愛還是心慌,啊月光!

月夜情境像夢一樣,那甜蜜怎能相忘;
細語猶在耳邊蕩漾,怎不叫我回想。

我怕見那月亮光,抬頭把那窗帘拉上;
啊我心兒醉心兒慌,啊月光!

Yuèliàng zài wǒ chuāng qián cháng yang, tóu jìnle ài de guāngmáng;
Wǒ dītóu jìng jìng de xiǎng yī xiǎng, cāi bù tòu nǎi xīncháng.

Hǎoxiàng jīn wǎn yuèliàng yīyàng, hū míng hū àn yòu hū liàng;
Ah dàodǐ shì ài háishì xīnhuāng, ah yuèguāng!

Yuèyè qíngjìng xiàng mèng yī yàng, nà tiánmì zěn néng xiāng wàng;
Xì yǔ yóu zài ěr biān dàng yang, zěn bù jiào wǒ huíxiǎng.

Wǒ pà jiàn nà yuè liàngguāng, táitóu bǎ nà chuānglián lā shàng;
Ah wǒ xin er zuì xin er huāng, ah yuèguāng!

Paraphrasis:
The moon visible from my window reminds me of your love, and I bow my head, trying to guess what you are thinking now;
Like tonight's moon beams, emotions flicker then blaze, as if with the brightness of dreams, or a sweetness that cannot be forgotten, small whispers still echo intoxicatingly in my ears;
I'm scared of this brilliance that makes my heart pound so, oh draw a curtain across the moon.



紫薇小姐是誰?

I cannot find out much about miss 紫薇. She sang in the fifties and sixties (50 - 60年代), and was probably a resident of Taiwan.
Her most famous song was Green Island Serenade (綠島小夜曲).
She also performed in Hong Kong, I believe, but more than that is hard to discover. She made numerous recordings, and you will note particularly the crystalline sweetness of her voice.

If anyone knows more about her, please comment.
麻煩你。



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...