Tuesday, June 04, 2013

THE ESSENTIAL PEN

You could be, right now. Naked, I mean. And for all you know, by the time you read this, this blogger also could be entirely natural. Personally, while I find the concept of writing in the nude quite thrilling, I will admit that nothing good every came of it. Jean Paul Marat wrote while completely unclothed, often soaking in a soothing bath, and look at what happened to him.
Point proven: wear clothes when writing.

Quod.

Erat.

Demonstrandum.

As I type this I am wearing tasteful slacks, a shirt and sweater, socks, shoes, an ear-pen, and reading specks.

What, I hear you ask, as an "ear-pen"?

Einfach. It is the writing utensil that you have stuck behind your right ear so that you are never without a means of jotting down notes or names, which keeps you from being naked whenever you are out.

This blogger has often missed the bus because he had to run back in for his ear-pen.
I feel quite indecent without it.

Perhaps you can now understand why young women in bars reaching over and removing my pen disturbs me. IF, and that is a very big 'if', IF a young lady takes my pen from behind my ear, the ONLY possible way I can feel comfortable is if it happens in private, perhaps with a steaming pot of tea on the table, and nobody else around. It isn't something that should be done in public, in bars, in ebriated.

Kindly leave the pen behind my ear. Anything else might be far too forward.
I do not mind forwardness -- especially if I wish the same -- but there is a time and a place for that.
Behind closed doors, in broad daylight, while both of us are sober.


"It was a lovely summer day when she reached out and delicately lifted his BIC round stick medium from his finely sculpted lobe, pausing, briefly, to sniff the masculine perfume that still adhered. She straightened her hair, while he gazed into her eyes. Thoughtfully, attentively, he poured a bowl of tea and placed it into her bra-cup, not noticing that her lacy undergarment was in an inconvenient location................. "

"Soft little hands, carefully reaching out........."


See? It's beautiful. And intimate.
Manifestly NOT a bar.
Perfect.

To re-iterate: daytime, not night. A comfortable and messy apartment, not a bar. In private, not among rowdy drunks. My pen and your brassiere, not a napkin on a wooden counter and vodka cocktails. A clean well-polished ashtray, not a dull stained bowl of buts.

Until then, the BIC stays behind the ear when not in use.
I will feel quite farklempt if it is taken from me.
Civilized men ALWAYS have pens.
Always.


If I am naked, I shall not write.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...