Monday, November 01, 2010

DARK STREET BRIGHT

Over the years, Savage Kitten has often attempted to be social. Seeing as she is deeply shy and never thought of herself as interesting or even intelligent, due to her blasted bitch mom's constant haranguing, this has always ended up stressing her out to a fare thee well, with as a result emotional tumult within. It isn't easy.

[Graduated with two university degrees, honours, dean's list, summa cum laude. Not intelligent? Girl, what the heck?!?]

In the past, she attended various celebratory functions of the martial arts studios where she took instruction in violence, and at least once a year she would drag me along for moral support.

Nine years ago, she decided that she would no longer do that, as it was grossly unfair to subject me to fifty people with whom I had zip-diddly in common, when she regarded my group-events (office parties, birthday celebrations, and witch-burnings) with deep distaste.

Such things are a bit of a drag for a partner - so many people you don't know, only one or two people you actually recognize.
Who the heck ARE these bozos, and why are they staring at me?


SWEETLY MURDEROUS

Recently she went to an event.
She returned several hours later wailing that she didn't belong! Indeed, she opined, she did not have a group she could call her peeps, there was no place for her and folks like her! Why wasn't there any social life for her kind?!? Aaaaugh!


Hon, there's a very good reason why violent shy people don't have parties.


Actually..... TWO very good reasons .......


Personally, I cannot even imagine a large gathering of psychopathic anti-socials, it just doesn't seem likely that it could occur naturally. Most of us have the fight or flight urges as contrasting response-sets, in your kind they are completely unified and simultaneous.
Not exactly the most harmonious of combinations, that.

I myself am not particularly social, and need either caffeine or alcohol to get me into a mood wherein I can comfortably converse with a constantly shifting spectrum of multiple individuals with varying levels of attention. Sugar also helps.

Savage Kitten, on the other hand, just heads into mute state. Sugar and caffeine simply make her clam-up more alertly.
She doesn't drink, so I have no idea what alcohol would do.


STREET MEDICINE

Even though we are no longer a couple, I like her still living with me, as I enjoy her talkative mode. With me she speaks.

We regularly take walks together in the evening - the shifting pattern of light on the near-empty streets induces reverie, tensed minds take flight and soar.
I do less talking and far more listening during such jaunts than you might suspect.
After her disastrous social event, we also walked.
The hills of San Francisco are remarkably therapeutic.


==========================================================================
NOTE: If you wish, you may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Good reads said...

Lovely.

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...