Wednesday, February 15, 2006

COME AGAIN?!?!

So I was over at Marty's after lunch today, and without a word he hands me a newsletter for the retailers of the product that he sells.

And I read, more or less: "Dear subscribers, I am sure you have been wondering why it is that you haven't received a new issue in so long from XXX. I apologize, but in addition to having been inordinately busy due to the season, I was also out for more than a month having total gender re-assignment surgery. In order to now celebrate my womanhood........."

I was startled.

Even more when I considered that the colonel's gender re-assignment was volunteered apropos of nothing. It had no relevance to the subject at hand, nor to the merchandise about which is being newslettered. The admission was, in it's own way, a boast.

Total gender re-assignment. The most exciting thing in Indiana, for some retired colonel.
Total. Gender. Re-assignment.
Not an assignment I would have accepted.
But you know the military.....
I am sure the colonel will serve with distinction. In. This. New. Gender. Assignment.

Please join me in congratulating him.
Her.

--- --- --- --- ---

In other news, after hearing about our vice-president involved in some hunting fracas, I am thinking of taking up hunting myself.
As a card-carrying liberal, I will only shoot vegetables.

It's the least I can do.

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...