Sunday, August 15, 2021

MENTAL TWITCH

Morning. Coffee. Pills. Step outside for a smoke. It's foggy, quiet. Down near the main drag a bicyclist goes by. There are no joggers yet, nor dog walkers. It isn't cold.

This, really, is what San Francisco should be like all the time.
We don't actually need fog horns anymore. But like cablecars they're part of the city, their absence would be noticed, detract. In a few hours I'll be heading across the bridge.

I rather like the commute to work.
It's quiet time.


When I woke up, a comedy routine from 'Beyond The Fringe' was running through my head. "And will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?"
It gets better with time.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SMOKE AND DARKNESS

Three of the lights were out, so my stretch of the street where I wait while smoking my pipe for the bookseller to get off work was shrouded...