AND A BONE THROUGH THEIR NOSE!
- ball gown - ballerina (to the ankle) or full-length (to the floor)
- dancing shoes - formal pumps, sandals, flats or ballet slippers
- jewellery - earrings and necklace; rings and bracelets are optional. A watch is not considered appropriate except for jeweled versions in which the face is covered so that it resembles a bracelet.
- gloves - if worn, should be opera length
- stole, cape or cloak, or an opera coat
- handbag - clutch style or small evening bag
- state decorations - if specified on invitation; worn on a bow pinned to the chest
- tiaras - If married and the event does not take place in a hotel.
National Geographic Magazine should do an article on this subculture.
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.