Friday, July 13, 2012

THE ODDITY

Should know better by now.  Do NOT approach persons of the opposite gender.
I made the mistake of asking a young lady to breakfast on Sunday.
She has sparkling eyes, wit, and charm.


Okay, she's got a boy friend.
And my idea of breakfast is rice porridge in Chinatown.
Right around noon time.
Ick.

It would've been just as "worthwhile" to ask her out for pizza and coffee.

Mind you, the mental image of a cute blonde woman scarfing down slices of pizza, with coffee, is extremely heartwarming.  But it isn't going to happen.

I still remember the darling black-haired miss with the nice forehead at the pizza place, three tables over, and more than a year ago.  She and her companions polished off an entire pie.
She looked so very happy, eating with friends.
Sheer savoury pepperoni-filled joy.
Adorable, and greasy.


GIRLISH DINING PLEASURE

Might be better to buy an entire high-school class Melon Liqueur cocktails.
Which is extremely tempting, lord knows.

Unfortunately the modern woman is just NOT interested in happy food.
And will not be going out for dimsum.
Nor rice porridge.

Oh well. And all-righty-then.


On Sunday, I'll be heading into C'town, for rice porridge and a yau tieu.  There's a place on Waverly that makes dynamite deep-fried dough sticks to sop in the bowl.  It's clean, comfortable, gemütlich.
I'll light up my pipe as soon as I leave.
Wander down Jackson or Washington Street, past the park, down to the bench in Hotaling Alley, where I'll finish smoking.
It's very peaceful there.

Dried fish with peanuts jook.  A cup of hot milk-tea. 
And one light and freshly fried dough stick.
The total breakfast of champions.
Solitary champions.

I don't really like being by myself.
But it isn't too much.
I'll last.


There could be a peidansou or a lowpoh beng later.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...