The first thing you do after waking up on the day when you have a teleconference scheduled with an agency at an inconvenient time because they're bureaucrats, after taking your dietary supplement pills (3) and praescribed morning medications (5) is check your bathrobe pocket for your housekeys and lighter, because you might wish to pop outside for a quick smoke while the world is burning, and remove the turkey vulture from in front of your computer where he has typed in a search query regarding hamstes and hors d'oeuvres.
"Bad bird", you say, "bad bird!"
If this is NOT your game plan, you should check your priviledge.
Let's see. Everything ready. All necessary data collected and on one page. Coffee, second cup. Briar pipe to the left, a Peterson 87 apple, saddle stem. Emotional non-support turkey vulture (an anarchist) over in her desk chair, grumbling to himself. He's wearing a scarf, because body temperature rgulation is crucial for turkey vultures in San Francisco.
The 'her' of the office chair is my apartment mate.
She left for work three hours ago.
Normally, at the time when the thoughtless official droodges have scheduled this call, I would be heading out for my usual Wednesday lunch. Rice, fish, hong Kong milk tea. I'm willing to bet that they never even heard of Hong Kong milk tea in that office. Or fish.
They might be anarchist turkey vultures.
Hamster eaters.
I must remember to NOT mention animals when talking to them.
Or that roadtrip where, somewhere beyond Barstow, on the edge of the foothills, the drugs began to take hold. The typical school trip to Las Vegas to introduce the munchkins to a wider variety of the human condition. Many of them, many conditions.
Don't eat the bar nuts.
Also remember to NOT channel for Milo Bloom or Portnoy.
This blogger doesn't deal well with officialdom. I've worked in too many law offices over time, and handled too many tricky situations where the other side would have liked to engage in mayhem. I am a nonconfrontational man, despite a tendency toward vicious reciprocal belligerence in street riot situations. I must pretend today that I am civilized.
So today will be strictly business. And laundry.
First business. Then laundry.
Penguins!
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment