Friday, July 08, 2016

ABOUT NOT GOOD THINGS

We are not supposed to have five dead cops. Or so many dead black men. This wasn't how things were supposed to be.

Events of the last week are not a good reflection of our society, yet, sadly, they perfectly reflect our society. And, for the immediate time being, these events are indigestible.
Yes, I can find perfectly logical explanations for how the two dead black men happened -- not that ever it should have happened, but it did, and statistically it isn't surprising because of the bias built in to our society as is depressingly evident on regular basis -- but that it did happen just has no good reason, and it should not have been allowed to happen.

That, as a result, someone said to themselves "let's burn this sh*tcan down" is not an entirely illogical response. Yes, five dead cops is no more understandable or justifiable than two dead black men.
But really, there should not have been any.


If I were black, I would be less than convinced that U.S. law enforcement truly had my best interests -- or my health and well being -- at heart.


It seems that not everyone understands that keeping the disenfranchised from becoming "actively disenchanted" requires tact and co-optation.

Two very recent dead black men sure ain't gonna help.

Let's work on that co-optation, shall we?



We have a right to demand better. Much better.
But we also MUST demand better.

We have an obligation.
To seven dead people.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

And then there's this

The back of the hill said...

Yep. Saw that. Repulsive.

Anonymous said...

My wife had the best quote I've heard. "You know what the problem is? Not enough people snapped beans with their Grandma."

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...