Monday, May 21, 2012

THE BENEFIT OF WORKING LATE

Mere moments ago a young person called me at work to inform me of a commercial opportunity. Which, given the time of day, and considering that she necessarily had to slog through our phone tree to get to my extension, is amazing.

It is a sign of her budding commercial acumen.
Nay, even perspicacity and perseverance.
I can only applaud her enterprise.

"Hi, I'm selling b*t  h*le!!!"

Click.

I would have liked to have asked her leading questions about the merchandise, but she hung up immediately after her announcement. Which is understandable, as telephone advertisements require reaching out to a huge number of people in a short period of time.
The more, the merrier.
Phone sales do not touch as many people as television advertising, and she no doubt had a long list of numbers to call before she could retire for the night.  Thousands of potential customers.

Bravo, the precious young capitalist!

Thank heavens I have caller id!

I wrote down the number.

Before picking up.

Out of habit.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...