Monday, April 20, 2009

FTP SITE CLEANING - A MUST READ!

A colleague has sent an e-mail to the entire company. She does this with great regularity, as what she has to tell us is of earth-shattering importance. And we should all put our feed back in. Or acknowledge the gravity and greatness inherent in the communication.


Quote:

All,


I¹m in the process of cleaning out old files from the FTP site.
Just a reminder to delete any old files on the FTP site that either you or a vendor placed there on your behalf.
The FTP site is not intended to be a "holding tank" for your files. As of next Monday, April 27th and moving forward any files left on the FTP site (that are over 1 month old) will be deleted.
If you need to leave any files on the FTP site please let me know so I don't delete them.

Thanks for your help!

------------------------------

Well allrighty then.

Now I know how empty my life is. Lackaday, I have no clue whatsoever what the FTP site is, and now that you have let me know of its existence, I finally realize that there is this big hole in my life that only you can fill. But it may be too late!
I have not put ANY files on the FTP site! Ever!
I have missed the opportunity to assert the importance of my old files, whether "tank-held" or not.

Yes, ninety plus percent of the company probably also has no clue what the hell you are talking about either. That should NOT stand in the way of your inculcating a profound sense of loss in them over the cleaning out of old files (on the FTP site) that they never knew existed. They too need to realize how utterly, wrenchingly, agonizingly and appallingly EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY their lives are.
In contrast to yours, for you do know what the FTP site is, and you may decide which files are old.
And you feel obligated to tell us so.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Tzipporah said...

She did this via email?

Your company clearly needs Yammer.

GRANT!PATEL! said...

Thrilling, oh yeah. Dude, all of you need a life.



---Grant Alivewithpleasure

Anonymous said...

Maybe its a fetish?

R

Master of Thong said...

File Transfer Protocol is a fetish? That's even weirder than Grant Patel.

Strange people in your office. Do you manufacture straps or rubber tools?

empiricaly amphibious said...

Nothing is weirder than Grant Patel.

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...