Wednesday, July 18, 2007

NOTE ABOUT PREVIOUS POST

In the previous post I quoted Treppenwitz regarding the meme with which I recently tried to infect him ("tagged", in blog parlance).

I also "tagged" four other individuals.
Habib ben-Achim Marwan (http://clochardtimes.blogspot.com/).
Knitter of Shiny Things (http://stillinthewoods.blogspot.com/).
Spiros (no blog as yet).
Steg (http://boroparkpyro.blogspot.com/).

So far, of course, none of them have OBEYED THE MEME!

A shandah, or something.

It is the height of summer. What was I thinking?!?!
Habib ben-Achim Marwan is probably savagely flirting with bikini-clad blondes on the Costa Del Sol for the next two months, Knitter of Shiny Things is enjoying a summer break or digging up old things somewhere, Spiros is getting set to sell books of magic to the underage, and Steg is off for the summer and deep in the depression of the nine days.

These four individuals have a lot in common, though, and you may well wonder what that is. Habib ben-Achim Marwan's blog is in riotous obscenity-laced Flemish, Knitter of Shiny Things tells you what you need to know about mikvaos, Spiros reads and cooks, and Steg has a rich life.
I see certain key characterisitics which they all share (and which they do not share with Treppenwitz), but I would challenge my readers to recognize what these are.

[I should also mention that whenever I read the comments under articles in the Algemeen Dagblad on the internet I am reminded why I am glad that I no longer live in the Netherlands, and why I should have left earlier. But when I read Habib ben-Achim Marwan's blog, I realize that I really should go back more often. If he ever starts writing about Belgian food he'll really drive me crazy.]


I invite guesses about the similarities between these bloggers from my readers.

-------------------------------------

ADDENDUM: I just noticed that Knitter of Shiny things has indeed blogged the meme. See here: http://stillinthewoods.blogspot.com/2007/07/meme-from-back-of-hill.html
Hints: Height fluctuates. At least six or eight knitting needles.
She does not tag, however.

3 comments:

Knitter of shiny things said...

Actually, it could be more than 6-8 knitting needles, if I were doing a project with double pointed needles. Those use about 5 or so.

And I'm more in the LJ sphere than in blogspot land, hence me not really tagging anyone.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

hey, sure i did

The back of the hill said...

Indeed you did, Steg. But both this post, and your memic, were a month ago?

What are you doing browsing so far back in my blog?

Prepping for YCT, perhaps?

;-DDDDDD


By the way, I responded on the 'we're number four' post comment string to your question about Judah the Ammonite. It's in Brachos 28 alef.

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...