It figures that on a day when I will be working, the temperatures will be unbearable. And naturally I'm blaming the rest of the world for it, in particular the Midwest, the Deep South, the heckhole known as Texas, and the entire third world, particularly every single country with human rights abuses, corruption, and generally speaking failed systems. Oh, and Ireland. Because I do not like Ireland. They talk funny, eat too much, and smell a bit off.
I've read James Patrick Dunleavy, so I know.
This is an improvement over years ago, when I would simply blame the Belgians and the French. The range of horrid countries to sneer at has expanded enormously, there are so many of them that just aren't up to snuff.
Sadly, the Midwest, the Deep South, and Texas are still tops.
Neck and neck in the race toward the bottom.
Slimy place finish.
Nowadays I also judge by heat most of the year.
Not just nasty things on my plate.
I also judge by the cold in winter, stupid tee-shirts, and whether or not the coffee is reputed to be drinkable. The cheese scale cannot be relied on, because that puts France and Wisconsin at the top, and we all know that's just wrong.
Some of those places have hot sauce. Which speaks well of them.
At least some of the natives can be forgiven.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment