Wednesday, September 09, 2026

TRAUMA WARNING

It's official. Today is going to be far worse than yesterday, and yesterday was awful. Around ninety degrees Fahrenheit. There will be people who say things like 'hah, ninety degrees is nothing, when I was in Vietnam ... " or "wonderful weather we're having, this is lovely" and similar crap, and I'm sure when I go in to work again the boss will be more or less burbling over about how splendid it all was (and he didn't turn on the air-conditioning even once).
But that's overlooking one thing: they're all heartless bastards.

For individuals with peripheral artery disease (not saying who), this is sheer torture, feet ankles calves hips upper back are throbbing unbearably and you are all monsters.

There ought to be a law darn it, I'm blaming the Republicans for this, and an angry letter will be written you can bet on that.

There will be some old folks out there showing too much saggy wrinkled flesh.
And some others with full sets of clothing and a coat.
The bus will be a real slice.


This blogger is a strong proponent of a strictly normal range of temperatures, so that most people are decently covered and will not expose their horrible bodies and highly individualistic tattoos and piercings to sensitive people and little children.
Not that I particularly care about the little children.
Usually I dawdle a bit, then head over to the usual place for lunch, after which I smoke my pipe for a while and go grocery shopping as well as doing my necessary weekly errands. And I was initially planning to also get a haircut today. But today there will be no dawdling, lunch will be early, no pipe after, and short quick shopping etecetera. And no haircut, because he doesn't open till ten and does not have airconditioning. I'll have a pack of gwai yin ciggies (貴煙煙仔) in my pocket for a brief digestive puff before the bank. Pipe once I get home and can sit on the stairs in the airwell moaning and cursing the Republicans who left the heat on.


The less I expose myself to this weather, other people's nasty bodies, and their ill-considered tattoos and piercings, plus tourists wearing shorts, the better.

By the way: Tattoos absorb much more ultraviolet than regular skin, so you might want to get that meaningful crap covering your dermis checked for cancer.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

TRAUMA WARNING

It's official. Today is going to be far worse than yesterday, and yesterday was awful. Around ninety degrees Fahrenheit. There will be p...