Saturday, September 26, 2026

AND SCRUPULOUSLY POLITE

Work was a cinch. No fights. No screaming fits. No rightwing temper tantrums. The coke-snorting drunk was not on the premises. The retired member of the judicial branch wasn't either. So he didn't raise his whiney voice furiously disputing with the sh*tdisturbing subcontinental know-it-all. Smarmbag 1 and smarmbag 2 were absent.
The subcontinental also wasn't in.

Oh, and the weather was perfect.
Probably did not even hit seventy.

However, I do have a complaint. There were too many people on the bus going to work I was on my feet for a full day and too many people got on the bus back to the city in Sausalito my right foot hurt like hell and I nearly passed out in the last two blocks from the busstop home.


On the other hand, I tried out a pipefull of McConnell's Glen Piper, which in it's current iteration is not as I remember it. Supposedly top-dressed with rum, very mild hints of chocolate, vanilla, and fruity-wooty. Not. A. Trace. I'll try another bowl tomorrow.

The first bowl was really quite enjoyable.

Curiosity: sated.
Both smarmbags (no. 1, no. 2) will be in tomorrow, because there's a game on teevee just after one o'clock. I do not know if the coke fiend will be in, but I'm fairly certain that the retired judicial goobus and the subcontinental troublemaker will get there. One of them avoids news that isn't in his ideological ballpark, the other man reads the headlines but not the underlying article, then jumps to incorrect conclusions that fit his bent. Even though the legal booger is retired and has turned into an intellectually lazy fascist cabbage, he can still think circles around the poor doofus Punjabi, and leave him spinning in his own mental puddle.
It's a recurring pattern and the repetition has become dreary beyond belief.


Robert McConnell's Glen Piper, per the old descriptions, has black cavendish, medium Virginia, Kentucky, and Perique. With a boozy topdressing. That description is no longer correct. I did not notice any black cavendish. Both the Kentucky and Perique, if actually present, are subdued and subtle. I'm fairly certain that booze wasn't used.

This is a nicely behaved German Scotsman.
Not an uncouth hairy brute.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

AND SCRUPULOUSLY POLITE

Work was a cinch. No fights. No screaming fits. No rightwing temper tantrums. The coke-snorting drunk was not on the premises. The retired m...