Tuesday, September 15, 2026

CONFIRMATION OF THE HEART

Well, we've confirmed once again, that I have a heart. Unlike Doctor Zoidberg in Futurama, who has two, three, or four of them. So at least one. Next month we'll check to see if I have a brain (carotid doppler), as well as seeing whether the lower appendage on the right is, in fact, a pedal extremity (lower arterial doppler, dexter side).

So I'm in better shape than the chap I met on the bus who had also been to see the same cardiologist, who in a relieved tone informed me that he was alive. Well yes. But do you have a heart? I did not ask him that question, as I felt that if he didn't it would be rude and hurtful, and if he did he would have mentioned it, or for some strange reason wanted to keep that information to himself.

Prying, in any case.

It takes an hour to get from my cardiologist's office in Boonduck near the park to a bacon cheeseburger in Chinatown. After getting off in Civic Center, you need to walk past three people smoking crack and an equal number of skeevy alcoholics, and catch the Market Street line. Riding which is an adventure. Then the number 30, with a whole bunch of Chinese desperate to get out of crazy town.

As are we all, sweetheart.

Too many tourists.
My cardiologist believes we should continue the Xarelto (rivaroxaban) 2.5 mg twice a day beyond November, when they were praescribed after the right lower angioplasty. I'm fine with that; they seem to benefit the bowels, though that isn't their actual medical purpose. I am all for anything that improves quality of life, like continuing to be alive, as improved bowels do. Let's hear it for the bowels. Which are, as you know, underneath my heart.
Hearts. Whether one, two, three, four, or more.


I have an appointment coming up with my primary care physician soon, which is a follow-up and feed-me-back of the yearly physical. During which I will have to subtly and discreetly try to find out how many hearts I have, and do they all have seperate bowels or do they share.

There is evidence that they share.
Which is very efficient.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

CONFIRMATION OF THE HEART

Well, we've confirmed once again, that I have a heart. Unlike Doctor Zoidberg in Futurama, who has two, three, or four of them. So at le...