Sunday, September 20, 2026

THIS IS A CLEAN BLOG

Another day, and what do I see on Facebook? A friend has posted an example of Maga fanboy art, Trump wearing priestly robes and holding a bible redeeming the faithful. "Pastor, President, Protector. Trump Walks With God." With a snarky comment about kool-aid. Indicating that to him the cult has maybe, just perhaps, lost their minds.
I find his cynicism well placed and refreshing.

Shan't show it here. I don't do pornography.
And I loathe "true believers".

In other news, some elements among rabid rightwing are having the shits over Tillamook Cheese having Halal certification, just like they've done so many times in the past over products showing a kosher stamp. The comments on the internet are bizarre.

Look, it's very simple: Halal certification on any product means that they also want the devout Muslims to enjoy it. Kosher certification means that they think devout Jews will perhaps find it appealing too. Not made in the territories means that anti-Semites (Irish, Malays, Pakistanis, and Spaniards) can buy it. It is rare to find all three certifications on the same item.

I see little problem in trying to make money with an honestly made product.
You will also find terms like "organic" and "vegan" on some things.
Basically, those indicate that it's overpriced.
They're being truthful.
Now myself, I do not boycott based on such things. I will still buy a Peterson pipe despite it having been made by presumed raging anti-Semites, and Jameson's Irish Whiskey (formerly Dublin, now Middleton, County Cork) is a mighty fine product significantly better than any of that Bourbon crap. Bourbon, by the way, is fancy paint thinner. Except for Old Granddad.
An ex-girlfriend (very long time ago) drank the stuff, so I have fond memories of it.


Shan't consume any of the three big American beers, not because of any certifications or lack thereof, but because they're absolute nasty tasting shite.
No sensible person swills that stuff.


And honestly, no tobacco maven I know is the least bit concerned that ALL of it comes from human rights shitholes. Just like most coffee, much tea, and some Scotch.

I do not drive an American car, though.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THIS IS A CLEAN BLOG

Another day, and what do I see on Facebook? A friend has posted an example of Maga fanboy art, Trump wearing priestly robes and holding a bi...