Tuesday, September 22, 2026

CLEAN, OH YEAH!

So, having misread the time entirely, I ended up being ten or fifteen minutes late for my doctor's appointment. Upon leaving the house to catch a bus I read the card again and promptly panicked. As one would. Especially if one prides oneself on ALWAYS being between fifteen minutes and up to an hour early. As one does.

I apologized profusely.

Fortunately, she could still see me. We went over the test results, including the recent MRI scan (電腦斷層掃描 'din nou tuen chang sau miu'), and the bloodwork. Plus urine and solid waste, etcetera. Good results, I'm as clean healthbillwise as could be expected. Yes, I still have minor heart disease, that will not go away, but I don't use it much anyway. Got my flu shot, a covid booster will happen in a few weeks, and we have an appointment scheduled to start the process all over again ten months hence. Within a minute or two of getting out of the hospital I had filled and lit my pipe, and headed off to buy a lottery ticket and illegal cigies. With an extra hour slack time.

Nah, didn't bother having lunch in Chinatown. I'm having dinner with my apartment mate this evening, and did not want to be overloaded. At my age, one doesn't eat much, as the system works a bit slower than it did in my twenties.


On the bus back over the hill I encountered my friend with the broken wrists who severely disapproves of tobacco. I probably still reeked of the evil product of centuries of colonial exploitation and the backbreaking toil of the conquered peoples.

Calmly savoured in a Dunhill Shellbriar.
Sorry.
One thing my doctor and I agree upon was cutting down on chocolates. This will prove hard to do, as chocolate, coffee, frikandellen, herring, and tobacco are the five substances which sustain a Dutchman, and two of those are absent in the United States for reasons I do not quite understand. No wonder this country has lower life expectancies than the rest of the developed world. Y'all need to work on your game.


What's really amazing is that my bloodpressure was excellent when they cuffed me at the hospital. Because despite being a calm, rational, phlegmatic Dutch American, I had been in quite a tizzy after noting that I had the time wrong.

Probably the same genetic factors that gave me slightly high uric acid levels (though not anything to worry about there). On the other hand, vitamin D is excellent.

So I'm good.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

CLEAN, OH YEAH!

So, having misread the time entirely, I ended up being ten or fifteen minutes late for my doctor's appointment. Upon leaving the house t...