Friday, December 08, 2023

ARMED WITH... A HERRING!

Last night I went down to Union Square to see the lighting. It was peaceful, cold, and rather boring. The Whatsits didn't show up while I was there, I did not ask if there had been any by earlier. Enjoyed a quiet pipeful on the periphery. There were over a dozen police cars parked in various spots nearby, at least three bomb-sniffing canines, and several men and women in uniform spread out wandering throug the crowd.

Sad that it's come to this.


No one asked me if I wanted to strap some tefillin.
Which is considerably less zesty than it sounds.
When I got home, I hid the stuffed creature acquired for my apartment mate's birthday in my closet. Every year I give her an animal, every year she tells me that I should stop, there are too many, her room is overpopulated, and every year I deliberately forget that she ever said that. This year, she's getting someone with character.
And a winning smile.

You'll note that the shamash is placed a little higher than the others, slightly shorter too, because it's used to light them all. There is no rule that it has to be in the centre.
It's kind of like Monty Python's shrubbery.
A two layer effect.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To mix it up, next year you could get her a microbe:
https://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/

There’s a disease section with things like: plagues, germs, covid, STIs, cancers, chronic diseases, and pain.

Search This Blog

EATING WELL AND STAYING HEALTHY

" Hey, if you eat fruit that's slightly contaminated by mold can it give you the runs for two days? " This was a question from...