Wednesday, March 08, 2023

HE, DAMMIT, SHE

So a friend, who is also married to a friend, has transitioned from one gender to another. And as far as I can see, if I ever meet both of them in the real world now, I'm gonna have to hold doors open TWICE AS LONG! Oh, the humanity!

Yes, this is someone I know from the internet. I've been friends with both of them for well over a decade, and I've always appreciated the first her's keen intellect and agile wit. Her husband, who is now her wife (the second her), is a remarkable and engaging person.

Unless informed otherwise, the person in question is still a musicologist with allergies.


恭喜妳!


She's also still a LOTR geek.
All of her other friends have been supportive, and I am too, except that I've never been okay with the LOTR stuff. And I should note that there are precious few role models in LOTR for anyone else than male hobbit wannabees, and as far as clothing ideas for women are concerned, forget about it. Only short hairy goobers need apply.

Speaking of clothing, my apartment mate asked how am I fixed for the weather tomorrow? Do I have an umbrella? A decent coat? What if my feet get wet?

Do not worry, it will be fine. My people are hardy, we explored frigid places.

Yeah, that was healthy individuals. Not people like you.

They were only healthy because they didn't have regular check-ups.


I suppose I could have told her that they were also dressed like hobbits, and therefore quod erat demonstrandum, it was going to be alright. Those short bandy-legged gits went all over Middle Earth and withstood hardship, harsh climates, and deprivation. Except that being a complete heathen, and very likely an atheist, she doesn't believe in hobbits or Gandalf.
And, to be honest, neither do I.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had a conversation about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use and ...