Monday, January 04, 2021

CREATURE COMFORT

Sadly, I realize that I am not a night-gown kinda guy. In large part this has to do with two things: nightgowns on men look like Victorian geezertude, and about a month ago I was looking for a suitable present for my apartment mate, something comfortable to sleep in, and everything available in nightgowns was highly unsuitable. Besides, she's more comfortable in fuzzy pajamas, surrounded by her stuffed creatures, in her own room with her books.
A nightgown might suggest something which shouldn't be suggested.

Fuzzy pajamas with penguins or sheep, on the other hand.....
Perfect for a woman with stuffed animals.


My sleep wear consists of baggy warm pajama pants and a cigar company tee-shirt. Or the bright red pipe advertisment tee-shirt and the jam-pants. Practical, and a little eccentric.
The idea of a nightgown is often better than the actuality. And no one sleeps in an oversized mens dress shirt and bikini briefs, not even me. I actually own oversized mens dress shirts.

[Not the bikini briefs, however.]


I do not know what most women wear to bed, but I think the wispy or scanty things advertised in catalogues or on the internet were probably designed by men, for men. Precisely like high-heeled shoes. Which aren't, strictly speaking, bed gear either.

Gladiators in ancient Rome probably wore tight leather straps to bed. Civilization has progressed beyond that.

No wonder large department stores are failing.






==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vermont Country Store: Where fuzzy pajamas come from.

Search This Blog

THE FIRST MOMENT

The first thing is putting the water on. Loading a pipe may be the fifth or sixth thing, but hot water for a caffeinated beverage always com...