Tuesday, January 08, 2019

DON'T DROWN IN THE CHUM BUCKET

When unfriending, who gets cut? A friend on Facebook got axed recently because while he is a superb craftsman who makes beautiful things, his sly weasel sneering at Democratic politicians -- while seemingly being ignorant of their actual policies and points of view, and himself quite incapable of any nuance in that regard -- would, over time, lead me to dislike him as well as his ideas. We share dozens of friends within a narrow community.
But I do not need him anywhere near my life.

Besides, typically passive-aggressive, he silently yanked several of his more outrageous posts, when it became evident that many of his caveman-like correspondents in the Great American Bush lacked finesse.

Lovely wooden objects. Rather flawed human.


He won't notice. I didn't make a big deal of it. No flame war, no reasoned statement of principles objecting to his weltanschaaung, no appeal to his better nature, no shitty review of his products or services, just a click.


While it may take all kinds blah blah blah, as individuals we don't need all kinds. And during my outside life I am tolerant enough.

We're all in this boat together, so to speak, but I have no problem with some of my fellow sailors washing overboard.

It's a feeding frenzy.




CHUM
Noun: animal matter or fish scraps dumped in the water to attract sharks.
Intransitive verb: to throw chum overboard to attract prey when fishing.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...