Wednesday, October 11, 2017

FACEBOOK IS DOWN. GOOD MORNING.

No civilized person should be up at eight thirty A.M. after having gone out the night before. Which I am, and did. And I declare a great victory over the evil Taiwanese bar owner, who always tries to get the fun to last as long as possible, but minus the stupid white people singing karaoke, because they are horrible and might alert the cops to boozy shenanigans after two.
Which is closing time in this city.

We got out of there at a decent hour.
Despite severe blandishment.

As per a tradition dating to the second hand bookstore where I worked part-time as a third and on-call occasional job a few years ago -- the computer company full-time, restaurant three nights a week, bookstore pricing used volumes in Asian languages but primarily Chinese -- the bookseller and myself end up at a dive that once did not have karaoke.
It used to be quieter then.

Our weekends do not fall on the weekend.


ZANY ANTICS IN NORTH BEACH

Is there something in town? A convention? The intersection seems more than usually rife with batshittery, as we observe from our perch on the mezzanine at a different bar. Oh look, there's someone playing in traffic, and that car just turned around and roared away with tires screeching.

At least there is no gun fire.

Years ago there would have been. At least two gunfights every week along that stretch. Many of the neighborhood residential hotels there were awash with methamphetamine, heroin, and coke. Plus people came from out of town to piss in someone else's back yard.


"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to have a rap battle. And I can tell you who is going to win."


And, as an evil presence haunting many conversations these days, the current president, who appears to be a crazy old grandfather.
Did he really say that? And how bad does he smell?

Maybe the bathrooms in the White House are backed up, and the methane is affecting his fragile hold on sentience even more than usual. It's probably all those Trump Tower Taco Bowls, they plug a man and keep his swamp from draining. At least Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly can go take their dumps elsewhere occasionally, which, even if not entirely successful, does give them a reprieve from the zoo.

Excuse me, I'm going to the State Department for a potty break.

There will be NO anal probing while I'm gone.

Damned aliens.

Ivanka is probably clutching her pretty little head right now, wondering how she got herself into this mess. She could have shot the old coot last year, like Donald John when he plugged the African leopard.
That orange pelt would have looked great.
In her Kalorama mansion.


Missed opportunity.
Sad.


I should have gone back to sleep, but I'm waiting for Sergio to continue ripping out my bathroom, which is ancient, and needs rebuilding.
If anybody needs me, I'm using the facilities next door.
In an empty apartment I call 'State'.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...