Wednesday, August 08, 2012

DREAM DATE, AND A BOWL OF NOODLES

I went out of my way to listen in. Normally I don't do creepy stuff like that, but the matter they were discussing was, in a word, fascinating.
I couldn't help myself.

I was forced to eat lunch in a hurry in consequence.
Don't like to rush food if it isn't necessary.
That should tell you something.

The two women were discussing the younger sister of one of them, and what caught my ear was the sentence "all she wants to do is eat, sleep, and read".

It described how the young lady chose to occupy her days off.
This is horrifying - she doesn't like to go shopping!
And she reads books by dead people!

[Doesn't go shopping, but likes to read? In that case her conversation is bound to be a lot more interesting than most. Shopping as entertainment is a completely baffling phenomenon. Though, like cretinism, widespread. Shopping and cretinism are probably linked.  Books by dead people suggests very little self-help, importantly meaningful crap, or ego-boosting autobiography. Good stuff.]


ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS TO EAT, SLEEP, AND READ!

The two women agreed that this showed disturbing abnormality.
They themselves utterly failed to see the point of it.
Weekends are meant for SHOPPING!
Strange weird girl.

What a waste of time now that she's graduated from college!
Needless to say, I disagreed with their assessment.
From my p.o.v., she was absolutely ideal.


EATING, SLEEPING, READING

What a marvelous way to spend a Saturday or Sunday! This blogger cannot think of anything better. And the idea of helping a young lady do exactly that is immensely appealing! Well, the eating and sleeping part. Far be it from me to interrupt her reading.
Unless, of course, she absolutely wanted me to. For the purposes of eating. Or sleeping.
If I had had my business cards on me, I would've interrupted their chatter to beg them to introduce me.
A girl who reads? Extraordinary!

I trailed them for more than three blocks. The younger sister, I gathered, wasn't at all interested in make-up, didn't like to go to the Westfield Mall with her cousins, sneered at expensive impractical footwear and designer fripperies, and was, in the words of her sibling, a "real drippy poop".
No fun at all. Always had her nose in a book. Last time they all went out for noodles she had come along, and had been social enough. Then went home by herself instead of window shopping with the rest of them.
She liked noodles. More than anything else, the promise of noodles would lure her out. But it was rather pointless to do so, as immediately upon scarfing down the noodles she wanted to get back to her book.
How boring!

Did I already mention that as far as I'm concerned she seemed like a perfect young lady? Utterly divine, in fact.


Refused to have her nails done when she'd been given a gift certificate. Wouldn't hear of pedicures, rouge, liner, or even waxing her eye-brows. Such thick eye-brows too! The older sister wailed "those things look like fuzzy bugs! Gross!!!"
I had caught a glimpse of the speaker's face in a plate glass window by this time, and could see that if it hadn't been for over-enthusiastic trimming, plucking, waxing, base and highlights, technicolour smears on the eyelids, powder, and purple blush, she would've been very pretty.
Rather than looking artificial, even mummified.
When she mentioned that her reprehensible younger sibling even refused to get contact lenses, I very nearly swooned.

A stubbornly literate young lady with glasses, who likes noodles.
That sounds like just the nicest thing!

I wonder what she studied in college?
Probably whole bucket-loads of dead authors.
And there's almost nothing better than dead authors!


Except, conceivably, noodles.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A SOLUTION FOR ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

There are more marginals sleeping on the street in the North-East sector these days. Spring is here. Of course, I said that many times over ...