Sunday, March 15, 2015

OF COURSE EVERYBODY WANTS THEM!

Other than Kermit the Frog (科米蛙 'kēmǐwā'; 'fo mai waa' ), the most endearing character on Sesame Street (芝麻街 'zhīma jiē'; 'ji maa gai') was, in my opinion, Cookie Monster (甜餅怪 'tián bǐng guài'; 'tim beng gwaai').
There was always something charming and lovable about his single-mindedness.
Zeal. Sincerity. Devotion.


我要餅乾!
ME WANT COOKIE!

Something I saw on Facebook reminded me of one of my favourite songs. Yes, one of the first things I did upon joining Facebook was click "like" on Cookie Monster's profile. Since then, he keeps me abreast of everything current in the world of delicious food obsessions.
He is a very popular 'public figure'.


Fortuitously I discovered a sing-along karaoke version.
Of his song.


C IS FOR COOKIE!


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw.]


There are TWO karaoke joints in my life. One did not used to be a karaoke joint -- my frequency there was established when it was still a clean sober bar rather than a hole for both the incorrigible owner and visiting Marketing Departments to get blotto -- and the other, which I now visit only when the mood sporadically strikes, was where the musical regulars of a piano bar which closed down bailed out to. Very few of the elderly ponces who liked show tunes still go there, these past few years it has catered largely to young whitish marketing types.


The first mentioned place also has a large number of Chinese customers, Cantonese-speaking salt of the earth. I can fondly imagine some of them requesting the song above just to piss the Marketing majors off, and singing along happily. In between slamming dice-cups and telling ribald jokes.
Then sending someone out for fried noodles.
Or soy chicken over rice.

They should send out for cookies.
Honestly. Such happy food.
Chocolate chip.
Oatmeal.


Ngo yiu beng-gon!


當然吖!大家都要餅乾!



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...