Monday, April 21, 2014

GOOD MAN, SINGLE, WITH LOW BLOOD SUGAR; ONLY SLIGHTLY ODD

Truly I am an idiot. I had been so busy during the day (Monday is a day off, so I do things) that I forgot entirely about eating. Up since six thirty, two cups of coffee during the morning along with a pipe (smoked Old Gowrie, which seems important to mention; it's a partially rubbed-out flake), bath, news, and things around the apartment that needed doing.
By the time I looked up long after noon, it was too late to go to the bakery on Waverly that I had intended to visit, and the only place left that was still open was the cha-chanteng that runs low on fine pastries by the evening.

Cup of milk-tea, and a charsiu bao. I normally don't eat charsiu bao, as it's such a tourist thing to do. But the sukmai foh tui bao looked quite a bit too elderly, and likewise the yiuk sung bao did not appeal.
The foh tui daan bao seemed like a bad idea.

It was a truly excellent cup of milk-tea.

The pipe afterward was lovely too.


奶茶、叉燒飽、粟米火腿飽、肉鬆飽、火腿雞蛋飽;重未飽啦


Now I'm thinking about what I should do for further sustenance. Given that I'm no longer ravenously hungry. And know that there are at present no vegetables in the apartment. Other than capers and pickled garlic. Something with rice-stick noodles and hot sauce I guess, prepared around ten o'clock; mixed un-identifiable substances chow fun.
What is that stuff in the freezer in unmarked bags anyhow?
And will it taste good with a fried egg on top?
Perhaps I should fix myself a cup of tea.
No, Easter was just another day.
No leftover roast ham.
Or chocolate.




If you are wondering why I am posting this, it is in hopes that a woman who likes Totoro and Wind in the Willows will recognize a kindred spirit, and realize that her mission in life is to get an eccentric bachelor to eat regularly. Perhaps she can come over with cake.

We could go out for a bite; there are three Indian restaurants a few blocks south of here, and some Middle-Eastern places.
We will save the cake for later.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Mr. Bunnie said...

No cake.

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...