Thursday, October 04, 2012

SOMETHING SLOSHY THIS WAY COMES

I suspect that there is no place in Hayward where one may get a serving of 雪菜肉絲湯米粉.

Chances are that if one were to ask for it, the waitress would give a pained and despairing look, then firmly request that one should speak either Spanish or Mandarin.  Assuming, of course, that one requested 雪菜肉絲湯米粉 in a restaurant with a greater likelihood of such a dish being found.
Instead of at a taco truck.
As far as I know, taco trucks don't serve 雪菜肉絲湯米粉.
Probably don't even know what it is.
They really should, however.
Serve 雪菜肉絲湯米粉.
And know, too.

Today I worked from home, and consequently got to scarf down a delicious serving of 雪菜肉絲湯米粉 in a friendly and hospitable environment.  One in which 雪菜肉絲湯米粉 may be often found.
Hadn't had it in a while.  But hadn't forgotten how satisfying it is, either.
I'm happy as a clam. And wired to the eye-brows, coz working from home means much sitting in coffee shops that have wifi, but mostly just happy.
Got sweaty pits while eating, possibly because 雪菜 is a little salty, and the 湯 was piping hot.  But it may have also been from the surfeit of caffeine. 

Toned it down after lunch, but this morning's jag is still going strong.

I think I'll run around in circles now with my arms outstretched, pretending I'm an aeroplane.  Should probably scream out jet-like noises while doing so, in imitation of the Blue Angles who have been rattling windows around here during fleet-week.
Weeeeeee!

If I bang into a wall doing so, it will remind me of my first cup of coffee.
When I was around seven years old.
And did exactly the same.

Man, I seriously like 雪菜肉絲湯米粉.
Just as much as jook or 腸粉.
As well as 河粉湯.
And 雲吞湯麵.
Bánh mỳ.

I hear a faint buzzing in both ears.
I am a jet-fighter overhead.
Dive bomb this city.
Give me soup!

雪菜肉絲湯米粉

Pork shreds and pickled vegetables in hot broth with thin noodles, plus coffee, tea, espresso, masala chai -- these are nature's generous gifts to grumpy Dutch-American credit & collections professionals. 
There's a brocha for that: weeeeee!

Gotta go now.
Full bladder.

W.........



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...