Saturday, July 14, 2012

CONSIDERING A CHAFING DISH

Maybe I look lean and hungry. Somebody 'gifted' me with information which, though it might be important, is a little unusual.  Fascinating, even.
Specifically, "Grand Marnier makes women drop their pants".

The person who told me this had large bosoms.
I do not know if her statement was a hint, and I did not ask how she could be so sure of the matter.
If it's true, it could very well change the course of history.

"Grand Marnier makes women drop their pants".

Quite likely she may have been trying to subtly suggest something, but as I was not planning to pursue that angle, it went nowhere.
No, it wasn't the bosoms, though it could well have been.
They were large and seemed carnivorous.
I just wasn't at all interested.
Being picky is a virtue.

"Grand Marnier makes women drop their pants"


The phrasing was actually a whole lot less innocuous than that, and cheerfully delivered. But unfortunately it is rather useless information in any case, as I prefer my dates sober, sane, and sentient.
I've been told that alcohol lowers inhibitions.
But it also lowers intelligence.

Besides, attractive women hardly ever drink.
And never to that level.


AFTERWORD

Crepes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr%C3%AApes_Suzette.
A legitimate excuse for Grand Marnier.
Possibly the only one.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Being picky is a virtue."


Says the man who posts zebra recipes on his blog.

e-kvetcher said...

Carnivorous bosoms... Makes me imagine this

The back of the hill said...

Tayere e-kvetcher,


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (pause for breath) aaaaaaaaaack!

Yes, precisely so.

The back of the hill said...

To the first commenter:

Zebras have the very best haunches.
Nothing finer than a nice bit of grilled z-beast.
Goes great with a bold Cabernet.
Add some to the jus, along with a pat of butter and some fresh chervil and reduce till glazy for a superlative finishing touch.

Sparkling crystal, polished silver, fine China, and a damask tablecloth.
Yes, the chairs may be rickety roorkees - you're probably out in the veld - but one must maintain standards.

You provide the zebra, I'll do the cooking. What vegetables would you like with that?

It will be a memorable evening.

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...