Tuesday, May 25, 2010

YOUR ENLIGHTENMENT FOR THE WEEK

This is not a sweet-natured post. You have been warned.

Sometime over the weekend, the building replaced the old paper towel dispensers in the bathrooms with new ones.

A few moments ago, our office manager sent out the following e-mail under the subject line 'paper towels in the restrooms':


All,

We have new paper towel dispensers in our restrooms.
Please note; the sensor to make the paper come out is located under the lip not in front. You therefore must place your hand under for it to work.

...

Shortly afterwards this e-mail went out to a limited distribution list:

"
THERE ARE NEW F*(KING PAPER TOWEL DISPENSERS IN THE RESTROOMS.
ALL WILL BE FINE!!!!

"
...
It was in Calibri 72 point type. Bright screaming red.
Perhaps a bit too snarky?
Mmmm?
So I answered:

"I for one am so glad he told us. I haven’t used a bathroom for over two weeks, so I would never have found out. Nor would I have EVER guessed that the darn things have sensors. What a miracle of technology.
I just go up to the roof and aim off the edge."

...

I have just received the following response:

"I will never leave this place without a hazmat suite again...."

...

Sage words.
NEVER leave the building without protective gear.
Sh&% falls from the sky.
It's a learning experience.
Shee.

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...