Thursday, March 30, 2006

REGARDING THE SERIES ABOUT THE JEWS OF EINDHOVEN

Rabbosai,

I apologize to those of you who were anxiously awaiting the third installment - I've been kinda moody, and that impacts my scribbling. The series will resume soon.

I've got a good part of the account of the first synagogue in Eindhoven already written, but the dispute within the kehilla (and what small isolated community doesn't find a feud to divide them?) is as yet only the merest outline.

I will finish and post it within a day or two.


--- --- --- --- ---

The previous postings on the Jewish community of Eindhoven can be found here:

Part one (The first settlement in the eighteenth century and the opposition of the city fathers):
http://atthebackofthehill.blogspot.com/2006/03/short-history-of-jews-of-eindhoven.html

Part two (Mr. Benedict takes on city hall):
http://atthebackofthehill.blogspot.com/2006/03/short-history-of-jews-of-eindhoven_23.html


No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...