Tuesday, September 29, 2026

THE POOR CROCODILES

After I've finished a drawing with the paint program on this computer and posted it, I usually throw it at Google Images to see if I've caught the reality well. Often doing so gives me ideas and leads to internet searches, and a voyage of discovery ensues. For instance, there have been times when AI says something ridiculous along the lines of the illustration being by well known Australian mystic shaman painter John Dingo, part of the Drongo museum's fabulous collection of primitive art, available as a tee-shirt all profits from the sale of which go to the G'day Bruce fund for starving salt-water crocs along the Northern Coast who have sadly become too acclimatized to dog food left out on back porches bla bla bla.

I've then read about saltwater crocs, or looked up more stuff by the artist mentioned.

Sometimes I'm surprised. Apparently my recent drawing of a breaded and fried pounded meat cutlet did not make the cut as far as illustrations of food was concerned.
This both disappoints and elates me.


AI Overview
          The selected region shows a rough, golden-brown rock or mineral specimen—such as a weathered gold nugget or ore—that is humorously labeled with the word "SCHNITZEL".
Visual Features
• Shape: An irregular, bumpy, and rounded contour resembling a natural geological formation.
• Color: Mottled shades of deep brown, tan, and bright golden-yellow patches across the surface.

Context
• The Joke: The image plays on a visual comparison, making a natural mineral rock look like a breaded and fried meat cutlet.
Would you like to know more about identifying gold nuggets or looking up a recipe for a real schnitzel?


Well, I think it represents a real schnitzel.
According to Google, however it may be one of the following:
A gold nugget. Laterite. Bauxite. Copper mineral on transparent background. Baltic amber. Colorado jasper. An iron deposit. Uranium. Iron oxide. Boehmite. A tuberculosis sample. Coprolite. Brazilian agate. Fluorescent sodalite. Argentojarosite. A pyrite. Red quartz. Igneous rock.

The most common "visual match" is Bauxite, a sedimentary rock containing aluminium.

What I tried to capture is the dark reddish-brown crustiness when a breaded veal or chicken cutlet is left in the pan a little too long. Which can be quite delicious. The secret is to use what in Dutch we call 'paneermeel', that being finely ground rusk crumb.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE POOR CROCODILES

After I've finished a drawing with the paint program on this computer and posted it, I usually throw it at Google Images to see if I...