Monday, August 31, 2026

HE'S OLD AND PERHAPS HE WON'T NOTICE

Having got up late I forewent the usual stroll around the neighborhood with an early morning pipe, figuring that with the resident non-smoker having already gone off to work there was no need to look at people bathroom walking their dogs or children out there in the grey bleakity of early Autumn on Nob Hill. The fog over the bridge had been dense yesterday evening, and late last night there were whisps of goth evident for two or three blocks away in any direction. Quite lovely. I've heard that the rest of the country where all the Magats live is experiencing higher than average temperatures, which probably accounts for a lot, but here in a narrow strip of civilization the weather is quite nice.

So. Sneck her bedroom door. Pop a few windows for ventilation. Make coffee and stroll into the teevee room with the first cup for some doomscrolling and a smoke to start the day.


Irrespective of when I get up, part of the morning routine is (in precise order) Atorvastatin 80 mg., Aspirin 81 mg., Metoprolol Succinate Extended Release 25 mg., Losartan HCTZ 100-25 mg., and Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) 2.5 mg., plus a few supplements.
This may be part of why when I asserted yesterday evening that I was still young and vibrant my apartment mate hooted, and counter-claimed that I was a gangled old fossil. But at this moment I can safely say, without fear of contradiction (because she is at work right now), that I am still young, vibrant, and amazingly buff oh my golly yes.
Quite springy and life-like!
The turkey vulture, whom I encountered sitting in the teevee room with two 50 gramme tins of G. L. Pease pipe tobacco which he "found" will not disagree. Probably because he hopes that I do not notice that he's sitting on my wallet. Which is his. Because it was lost, and crying out for its mommy. In the sheer kindness of his heart he adopted and comforted it. The bond between wallet and parent is sacred, dammit, will no one think about the children?


All over this country, proud American parents are sitting on their children, to keep them cool and properly hydrated in the awful commie heat they're having. Don't I know anything?

Our great president, to lower the price of carrion and to keep all the little Christian children from overheating, renamed that great body of water, which is ours, and people all over the country keep saying what a great inland sea it is they've never seen anything like it!
It will cool down loyal patriots for generations in a victory over cheating illegals.

Truly he's the greatest president that ever lived and ever will be.
Now we'll paint the bottom American-flag blue.
It will be much cooler then.

Covfefe!

No, the turkey vulture is not a stupid Trumpite or a thieving Republican. He's just an opportunist with no morals, and he wants my wallet.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HE'S OLD AND PERHAPS HE WON'T NOTICE

Having got up late I forewent the usual stroll around the neighborhood with an early morning pipe, figuring that with the resident non-smoke...