Thanks to the internet I now know that 'toad' is 'sim cheui' (蟾蜍) in Cantonese. Which piece of information is virtually useless to me under these present circumstances, given that I am nowhere near Colorado where toads are. Specifically, incilius alvarius, the beast known for bufotenin which is common across the Bay in Berkeley. And that may have something to do with their politics, regular hysteria, and customary abstention from hygiene. Showers might wash the chemical off the skin over their parotoid glands, and render them defenseless.
And because of that, I am now also aware of a teevee series (Fringe) which I never watched. Quote: 在電視劇《F檔案》的其中一集,這種蟾蜍被指可引起精神心理效應,使受害者幻想被攻擊而死。
[Source: Wikipedia]
The Colorado River Toad is a carnivore that feeds on small mice, insects, and small pets. Like most such, it has a long, sticky tongue. It inhabits deserts and semi-arid regions
It is often found near streams, hot tubs, shower stalls, and irrigation ditches.
Since returning to California years ago I have not seen a toad.
They were fairly common where we lived in Europe.
Even in built-up areas.
My ex-girlfriend used to call me 'Toad'. That had nothing to do with my affinity for water, but was in reference to my driving skills, about which she had heard, and my sometimes bloaty smirk when stating something ridiculous as indisputable fact.
I do not exude hallucinogenic chemicals.
Licking me does nothing.
Not that I want to discourage you from licking Dutchmen, far from it. I mean, who am I to stop you? All you'll get out of doing so is trace amounts of caffeine, nicotine, and sodium chloride, all of which are necessary to sustain life, and you might need that.
There is also potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
Absolutely no tryptamines whatsoever.
Trust me.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment