Wednesday, August 19, 2026

A TIGHT SHIP

Over a dozen years ago a fellow member of a grass roots organization was convinced that President Obama was going to take his guns. And everyone else's. And kept posting frantic doomscreeds containing that message to the common e-mail list. He was a seventy year old succesful lawyer and had seen things. Other members of the list, many not as intelligent as myself, kept chastising me whenever I brought up how completely batshit bonkers he was. Who the hell did I think I was? Huh! And how frikkin' dare I?
Naturally after a few months of that I quit.

On another list which was only semi-active, because it did not included 'Paranoia Bob', one of the members (also a lawyer) two months later asked me why I wasn't dead yet, dammit.


I am a sensitive man. So I've avoided nearly everyone in that group, and many lawyers, in the intervening years. Life is too short to have one's social life invaded by the plague.
Also, I strongly suspect that a large number of them voted for Trump.
They can go and insert things into their orifices.


In the same vein, I am glad that almost none of the people I encounter at work live or work in San Francisco, but infest Marin County. So on my off-days I will not encounter them.
The folks I associate with voluntarily are better than that.
Unremarkably, all of the doctors who sometimes are at my work place are likable tolerant individuals with senses of humour, and only one of them is on thin ice mentally. Not worryingly so, but he does spend too much time with the elderly batshit brigade.
That may be the reason why he has bottles in his locker.


Not a single doctor there thinks RFK Jr. is worth the cost of his business cards.
Same goes for many of this administration's appointees.
As well as the dunces to whom they report.


I am not suprised that this country is going to the dogs.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A TIGHT SHIP

Over a dozen years ago a fellow member of a grass roots organization was convinced that President Obama was going to take his guns. And ever...