Thursday, February 11, 2021

ONE DAY BEFORE A BEEFY YEAR

My apartment mate has had both covid shots as of yesterday afternoon, reason being that working in a health office she and her coworkers were higher-up the priority totem pole. She's nearly nine years younger than myself, but I am overjoyed that that's one less thing I have to worry about. That means that half of this household is safer than before. Well, excluding the stuffed creatures, but I doubt that they stood any danger, seeing as they don't leave the building. Can't reach the doorknobs.

Of course I still have no idea when my turn will come. But seeing as I'm rather antisocial, wear a mask, and am more than willing to beat people who come to close with a walking stick, I am not particularly worried.

Oh, and I'm a smoker. So people avoid me anyhow.
Precautionarily, she is staying home today. She took a day off work in case she went into convulsions, started foaming at the mouth, or transformed into a werewolf. And, seeing as she's Chinese, and Chinese New Year is coming up (tomorrow), she will engage in a bit of housecleaning. I myself, as a Dutch American who is comfortable with disorder, do not intend to do anything at all in that vein. Probably heading over to Tongyanfau to pick up some groceries and perhaps oranges, smoke a pipe in an alley, and stay out of trouble.

Because, as you no doubt understand, a pipesmoker is bound to get into trouble when there is a Chinese American person intent on apartmental cleanliness bustling about.
Fortunately my room is safe.
It's a day for a pipe that looks more "pipish" than many other pipes.
A Peterson System Standard. Filled with Virginia.
The weather is bearable.
Fun.


Rooting through storage boxes I found a pipe I haven't smoked in a long while.
It's one I associate with late nights in the Financial District.
Not in winter, of course. It gets cold there.


I've been told that perhaps I need Duct Tape as part of my first-aid kit.
It's probably better than Gorilla Glue I suppose.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SPECIFIC TO THE TIME AND PLACE

Late afternoon I had claypot rice (煲仔飯 ' pou jai faan ') for lunch. And, per two ladies at the opposite side of the room, you don...