Thursday, February 14, 2019

CHINESE NEW YEAR PARADE

This year the parade will be on Saturday February 23, 2019. And quite as per usual, I shan't be paying attention. Because even though it is a big event, it will be too crowded and noisy. And, like Saint Patrick's day, it always brings people of questionable manners to town.

You know, Midwesterners and Suburbanites.

Traffic will snarl.


One of the key features of the parade is the float with the new beauty queen, chosen the previous week. I've always considered beauty pageants somewhat questionable. They never pick the shy genius with glasses sitting in the corner. The one who can take a decent stab at answering all your existential questions. The girl who will look at you with a piercing glance and tell you that you need to grow up, and stop being so self-absorbed.

Yeah, I'm still pissed that the one candidate who looked like she had a brain wasn't chosen the last time I paid attention, four or five years ago.

Still, it's one of the big things, and my friend Duckwhistle's mom was a Chinatown beautyqueen. Gave birth to a brilliant engineer.
With a wicked sense of humour.



Actually, the main reason I am not going to watch the parade is that I am a dreadful cynic, and also usually work on Saturday.


I hear that it's great for children.

And visiting relatives.

Spectacular.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...